Economic valuation of assets has been a constant practice in the work of GBA, both in the case of companies with ongoing operations and other types of assets. This activity has taken place in the context of privatization processes as well as in mergers and acquisitions, in fields as varied as power distribution, toll-road concessions, food processing, life insurance, water utilities, and many other sectors and activities.
Our approach is highly quantitative and considers complex financial modeling of multiple scenarios through probabilistic analysis. We rely heavily on the collection of evidence to build reliable projections of the key variables in valuations. We also assess the impact of regulatory, contractual or market changes on the economic value of assets and companies.
- Building financial models
- Demand projection
- Market analysis
- Construction of risk matrices and mitigation strategies
- Economic evaluation of assets and companies in progress
- Probabilistic analysis of scenarios and variables.
- Study of critical variables
- Identification and evaluation of upside and downside factors
- Analysis of regulation and demand variables in the purchase of a group of road concessions in Chile
Analysis of the regulatory, economic, demographic and risk variables in the evaluation for the purchase of a 50% stake in Grupo Costanera, Chile’s largest toll road holding company
Client: Canada Pension Plan Investment Board
- Analysis of the regulatory, economic, demographic and risk elements in the evaluation for the purchase of a 100% of a water and sanitation company in Chile
Analysis of the regulatory, economic, demographic and risk elements in the evaluation for the purchase of a 100% of a water and sanitation company in Chile
Client: Brazilian Private Equity Investment Fund (confidential)