Industry consolidation is a continuous process arising from the merger of competitors seeking capabilities and synergies to better compete in an increasingly integrated world, experiencing constant technological change.
GBA supports its clients in obtaining the necessary regulatory approvals in mergers and acquisitions. We work in close coordination with the legal teams of our clients by providing them the core elements of their economic defense as well as data analysis, national and international precedents, synergies estimates and in the construction of mitigation measures, where necessary. We provide economic reports and provide expert testimony.
We support our clients in their relationships with antitrust authorities, helping them achieve agreements that facilitate their actions and plans. We assist companies that are the subject of proceedings related to competition issues, helping them explain their actions and their positions, as well as arguing their grounds.
GBA has been part of many of the largest competition and antitrust cases in Chile since the inception of the new institutional framework in 2003. As part of these efforts, it has worked and is working with the largest and most respected law firms in the country and the region.
- Analysis and regulatory defense of mergers and acquisitions
- Definition and study of relevant markets
- Economic support in cases of abuse of dominant position
- Economic design of defense in competition and antitrust litigation
- Expert Testimony
- Study of companies and markets in matters of competition and antitrust
- Preventive actions on competition and antitrust
- Training in best practices
- Diagnostic studies on behavior and business practices from an antitrust perspective
- Metropolis-VTR merger
Merger of the two main pay-TV companies in Chile that would lead them to have 90% of that market. The merger was approved by the competition and antitrust authority in Chile.
Clients: Liberty Media and Grupo Claro
- Acquisition AFP Cuprum by Principal Chile
Purchase of one of Chile’s leading pension fund managers by one of the local and global leaders in the life insurance market.
Client: Principal Chile