As part of our practice in regulated markets, we assist our clients in the construction and implementation of their strategy for supporting their position in tariff setting processes. This includes identifying key parameters and criteria to be defended, defining the ways and means of supporting them, developing the scope for the supporting studies and acting as expert counterparts of such studies in order to ensure their robustness and make them consistent with the overall strategy.
We also contribute our cross-sector vision and experience that facilitates the adoption of best practices and criteria applied in other regulated sectors. Our experience in such sectors range from power distribution and transmission to access charges on mobile telephony, among others. We have also acted as arbitrators and experts in conflict resolution panels in relation to tariffs of regulated companies.
- Support in the global strategic design of tariff defense
- Definition of Critical Criteria and Parameters
- Elaboration of studies on key economic and regulatory variables
- Demand projection studies
- Participation as experts in arbitration commissions
- Critical analysis of economic studies prepared by third parties
- Definition of supporting studies to be hired
- Support to Aguas Andinas S.A. in the study and defense of their tariffs
Comprehensive support to the largest water and sanitation company that serves the Metropolitan Region of Santiago in its last 3 tariff processes (2005, 2010 and 2015)
Client: Aguas Andinas S.A., subsidiary of Suez Environement
- Support for Transelec S.A. in its tariff setting processes
Comprehensive support to Chile’s largest power transmission company in its last 3 tariff processes (2007, 2011 and 2015)
Client: Transelec S.A., subsidiary of Brookfield Asset Management, CPPIB and other Canadian private equity funds.