Economic regulation extends to many areas of productive activity. Today it ranges from financial services such as banking and pension fund management to port services.
GBA has extensive experience in this field, particularly in the sectors of energy, telecommunications, roads, ports, banking, pension fund management, health insurance, and airport concessions among others. These industries experience constant regulatory changes, due either to technological developments or to the adoption of new targets as a result of economic policies. Regulatory change may also stem from new industrial organization designs or from establishing renewed institutional frameworks.
In this context, we support companies and trade associations in the processes of regulatory change, helping them outline their position and uphold their rights, both before regulatory bodies and before Congress and educational institutions. For this, we rely on a wide base of international precedents, literature and experience on the state of the art regulation and comparative analysis of different sectors at the national and regional level.
- Support in the design of the regulatory position of companies and trade associations.
- Support in the design of persuasion and defense strategies.
- Elaboration of the economic defense material to be presented in educational institutions, governmental and parliamentary authorities.
- Presentation of the case to government authorities and legislators.
- Support in the definition of the main economic messages for the communication strategy of companies and trade associations.
- Economic support in the legislative debate and approval of the Electricity Transmission Law
Defense of Transelec – market leader in power transmission in Chile – in the legislative discussion of Short Law I.
- Economic support in the legislative debate of the Chilean tax reform of 2014
Defense of the Shopping Centers trade union in specific aspects of the reform that affected them.
Client: Chilean Chamber of Shopping Centers